Establishing ThemeIf this video is not loading properly, you can access the video by clicking here.Please click here to view the Week Three Assignment Video transcript.Select a movie from AFI’s 10 Top 10
lists and explain how three cinematic techniques and/or design elements
have helped establish a major theme in that film. Note: While you are
allowed to choose a film that does not come from the AFI lists, you are
strongly encouraged to email your professor to receive approval before
doing so.In 800 to 1200 wordsDescribe a major theme
of the movie you have selected using evidence from the movie itself as
well as course resources and other scholarly sources to support your
position.Identify at least three techniques (cinematography,
lighting, acting style, or direction) and/or design elements (set
design, costuming, or hair and makeup), and explain how these techniques
and/or design elements contribute to the establishment of the theme.
Reference particular scenes or sequences in your explanations.State your opinion regarding the mise en scène, includingHow the elements work together.How congruent the design elements are with the theme of the movie.Whether or not other techniques would be as effective (Explain your reasoning).Note:
Remember that a theme is an overarching idea that recurs throughout the
plot of a film. It is the distilled essence of what the film is about,
the main design which the specific scenes and actions lead a viewer to
understand.Your paper should be organized around a thesis
statement that focuses on how the elements of your chosen feature-length
film both establish and maintain one of its major themes. Review the Week Three sample paper, which provides an example of a well-developed analysis as well as insight on composition.The paper must be 800 to 1200 words in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.You must use at least two scholarly sources other than the textbook to support your claims. Refer to the ENG225 Research Guide
in the Ashford University Library for guidance and to locate your
sources. Cite your sources (including the feature-length film) within
the text of your paper and on the reference page. For information
regarding APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford
Writing Center.Please note that if you opt to write about the
same film in your Final Film Critique, applicable pieces of this
assignment can be used to write that assignment. Please also note that
you should reflect on and revise this assignment based on the
instructor’s feedback before you incorporate it into the Final Film
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.