Whether we like it or not, we are exposed to environmental influences every day that shape our behavior and how we view ourselves. While the influence of media is undeniable, the first and most profound models of appropriate gender-specific behaviors are our parents or other primary caregivers.
From a very early age, children begin to develop their gender identity by observing and emulating behaviors of same-sex caregivers. You can probably easily think of 3-4 behaviors you observed from a same-sex parent or caregiver that you continue to emulate to this day. In this discussion, you will explore this topic in more depth by considering which behaviors of a same-sex adult you possess and why, based on Bandura’s social cognitive theory.
Review this week’s Learning Resources on social psychology and sex-linked modeling.
Think about how social psychology and, specifically, Bandura’s social cognitive theory, explains how modeling affects cognitive development and behavior.
Consider your childhood and select a same-sex adult who influenced your personal development. The same-sex adult could include a primary caregiver, extended member of the family, or family friend with whom you were close as a child.
Explain some of the behaviors of the same-sex adult that you learned as a child and now demonstrate. Based on social cognitive theory, explain how you might have acquired the behaviors. Be specific.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.