Trifles is ostensibly dominated or controlled by the males in the play (even though, on a different level, the women are really calling the shots [or should we say, “are wearing the breeches”?]). Identify the gender assumptions of the male characters in the play and describe their “maleness.” In what ways are the different from the females in the play?Trace the relationship between the (three) women in the play, beginning with the opening stage description. What inferences can you make about the relationship between Mrs. Hale and Mrs. Peters? How do they relate to one another at the beginning, in the middle, and toward the end? How does Minnie Wright fit into all this?Discuss the importance of the title of the play? What does “trifles” really mean? Who uses the term, or a similar one, to describe what? In what sense do trifles relate to the “evidence” the men are after?The symbols in Trifles are particularly suggestive. What symbols can you identify in the play (such as the obvious bird for example)? What might they suggest about the events in the play and about the social expectations of women and men at the time?How does Glaspell establish the frontier setting in Trifles? Why would she locate the play in the West rather than, say, metropolitan New York?What conflicts are apparent in the play? Are they internal, external, or both?https://go.gale.com/ps/i.do?p=LITF&u=lincclin_vcc&id=GALE%7CLTF0000242882WK&v=2.1&it=r&sid=LITF&asid=8dc9cf74
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.