We all agree that we need to get parents involved to educate their children on the effects of poor eating habits and lack of exercise. Here is an interesting article that gives ten ways parents can do just that.
Let me know what you think after reading the article and then any thoughts you have on directly involving parents in this process? How can we get them more involved?Link: http://health.howstuffworks.com/pregnancy-and-parenting/childhood-conditions/10-things-to-fight-childhood-obesity.htm.I agree with a number of the suggestions from the article. What about you? As far as keeping fit, yes, of course, thats a splendid idea. We have a generation of children who are very sedentary, they either sit behind a computer, play video games, have a little hand-held game, an i-pod, cell phone, you name it. This promotes habits where they may also have snack foods at their sides. Parents or caregivers have to set the example or do the activity with the kids as the article states. it does not require a huge expenditure of money to just take a walk, or jump rope. I think, that many early childhood teachers can have a class newsletter where they can advocate suggestions for staying fit.I liked the suggestion also of bringing the children into the kitchen. A childrens cookbook is a wonderful idea. How about at the school book fair, making sure there is at least one childrens cookbook on hand? Having healthy ingredients on hand is key. Also, parents need to model healthy eating habits as well. You may or may not agree with the suggestion about choosing video games and television shows that have a physical component. I personally like the Wii gaming systems for that reason. They actually require the child to at least get up off the couch! In that same classroom newsletter, you can make suggestions about software or games that may be worthy of the child and parents attention. I really like the suggestion where Dawes recommended Putting note cards in strategic places, as a reminder or suggestion to the child. You have the choice of including a classroom newsletter throughout the year and mentioning such suggestions at parent conferences.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.