Schips Department Store operates a ﬂeet of 10 trucks. The
trucks arrive at random times throughout the day at the store’s truck dock to
be loaded with new deliveries or to have incoming shipments from the regional
warehouse unloaded. Each truck returns to the truck dock for service two times
per 8-hour day. Thus, the arrival rate per truck is 0.25 trucks per hour. The
service rate is 4 trucks per hour. Using the Poisson arrivals and exponential
service times model with a ﬁnite calling population of 10 trucks, determine the
following operating characteristics: a. The probability no trucks are at the truck dock b. The average number of trucks waiting for
loading/unloading c. The average number of trucks in the truck dock area d. The average waiting time before loading/unloading begins e. The average waiting time in the systemf. What is the hourly
cost of operation if the cost is $50 per hour for each truck and $30 per hour
for the truck dock? g. Consider a two-channel truck dock operation where the
second channel could be operated for an additional $30 per hour. How much would
the average number of trucks waiting for loading/unloading have to be reduced
to make the two-channel truck dock economically feasible?h. Should the company
consider expanding to the two-channel truck dock? Explain.I will send sample excel spreadsheet when problem is accepted.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.