Please help answer the following question. How do participants of self-selecting groupings influence adult learning situations?Adult students self-select their groupings quite differently than younger students do. First, they tend to self-select groups in which they will be successful and contributing members as opposed to those in which their social needs will be met. Additionally, they tend to select groups in which the membership represents the finest (in their opinion) that the class population has to offer. In other words, adults decide on whom to work with based on the success they imagine themselves and the group to have. As this is the case, the result is that the adult students reap positive rewards from their self-selected groups. As they choose to work with those whom they think have a strong work ethic, they demonstrate their dedication to the task at hand and use that to their benefit. Further, when adult students self-select their groups, they do so imagining the role they will play in benefitting the group. Their choice, then, displays their knowledge of self and their dedication to offering to the group the best of their abilities. This is in direct contrast to younger students. Younger students choose based on commonalities rather than varied abilities that would create a successful group. When adults choose to work together, it is because they respect and honor the abilities of the various members of the group and imagine themselves to be an asset to the unit. As this is the case, the effect on the learning situation is that each adult member of a group understands what s/he brings to the group and knows s/he is responsible for providing the group with the best of his/her specialty. Finally, when adult learners self-select the groups in which they participate, they do not fall prey to peer pressure like younger students. Younger students often will remain quiet if the other group members are not working to their potential. Adult learners do not feel intimidated to speak out or to hold other members accountable for the roles they are to play in the group. In this way, the influence on the learning situation is an environment and culture of responsibility and accountability.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.