After navigating the Zero to Three website, write a response to the following:Parents and caregivers can provide opportunities for development in infants and toddlers. Describe how these opportunities relate to the childs environment. Make three suggestions for impacting a childs environment and promoting development. Make two references to the Zero to Three website within your response by using in-text citations.I assume the professor is referring to emotional development here.The environment for young children involves not only a physical setting but the way in which parents or caregivers interact with the child. On the website, they cite one example of an eight-month-old baby who wants to feed herself. Some parents may grow frustrated and take the spoon away from the child. However, developing independence is a lifelong skill which begins in infancy. On the website, the mother finds a novel way of handling this: as her daughter attempts to feed herself, she too takes a spoon out and feeds her as well (Zerotothree.org). One suggestion that can be made as this little girl gets just a little bit older is to offer her alternative finger foods. This way the meal is not quite as messy and the child does not need the spoon. Fine muscle control is also developing both in chewing and handling the picking up and putting down of food. Another example the website offers is in the environment of the bathroom, and how the adult relates to the child. In this case, baby Jacob enjoys his bath and the cuddling that mother gives him afterward (Zerotothree.Org). This is fine if baby allows it , but what about a child who does not need as much cuddling, depending on the age, and personality of the child. Mother must be willing to put the child down, to take her cues from him. Some mothers also may have trouble with a baby who makes a huge mess or puddle outside of the bathtub. She can take it in stride or allow baby to play as he wishes. Another way may be to play with the baby instead of concentrating on getting him clean and washed, which also should be done eventually. An engaged parent who plays with the child one on one can lead to a secure child also.In some cases, parents have to change a little bit to accomodate the child and what he/she needs. She may need to be just a little more active to acclimate the child or may need to be laid back, to have the patience herself to wait till babys nap is finished to go out for an outing. The child asks for consistency above all. When a child falls in the park, hopefully mother is right there to comfort and make sure the child is okay. Referemce:
Early Experiences Matter, retrieved from the internet http://www.zerotothree.org/child-development/social-emotional-development/tips-for-promoting-social-emotional-development.html.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.