Pre 9/11 approach to terrorism was lacking in many instances. According to the 9/11 Report, the 1998 five-year strategic plan, “did not have necessary human resources” (9/11 Report, p. 77). Event with budgetary increases for counterterrorism efforts allocation of resources were minimal and in some cases were half as many used to battle drug enforcement efforts. (9/11 Report, p. 77)A second point of concern was the FBI’s minimalistic attitude toward analytical side of counterterrorism efforts. Upper management in the FBI failed to help drive the analysis of terrorism and the availability of such information in file sharing was at a loss. According to the DHS, “the primary challenge both within DHS and with external information sharing partners is creating a widely accepted process for sharing mission-relevant information while adequately protecting the information” (dhs.gov). In theory the laws and formal procedures are in line with intelligence sharing but the technology standpoint needs to be a collaborative system that can be accessed accordingly by all participating agencies. Additionally, the counterterrorism intelligence collection was minimized due to resource allocations with “Only three days of 16-week agents’ course were devoted to counterintelligence and counterterrorism, and most subsequent training was received on the job. The FBI did not have an adequate mechanism of validation source reporting, nor did it have a system for adequately tracking and sharing source reporting, either internally or externally” (9/11 Report, p. 77).Finally, the information system that were in place prior to 9/11 was extremely weak. It did not allow for information sharing and collection of new information from all aspects including institutional sources.ReferenceDepartment of Homeland Security Information Sharing Strategy, April 18, 2008, Retrieved on December 28, 2016, Retrieved from https://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/dhs_informatio…National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the U.S. (2004). The 9/11 Commission Report. Retrieved from http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/ Respond by Day 5 Respond to the bold paragraph ABOVE by using one of the option below… in APA format with At least one reference…..Ask a probing question.Share an insight from having read your colleagues posting.Offer and support an opinion.Validate an idea with your own experience.Make a suggestion.Expand on your colleagues posting.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.