IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING WORD LIMIT REQUIREMENTS:Response postings should be between 50 and 100 words. (The List of References should not be included in the word count.) If you exceed the word limit on an assignment or if you do not meet the lower limit, your assignment will likely be returned to you for revision. There will be a 10\% loss of your score for an assignment that had to be revised because the original version exceeded or failed to meet the word limit. Post Katrina Emergency Management Policy Reforms The 2006 Act entitled the Post-Katrina Emergency Management Policy Reforms came into play after the obvious failure of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in responding to Hurricane Katrina (Haddow, Bullock, & Coppola, 2014, p. XV). The Failure was devastating as over 1800 people died, and property worth billions were destroyed. The Reforms set up measures aimed at safeguarding the lives of every person included in the special population including the persons with disabilities which FEMA already had in place but was not fully implemented (National Commission on Children and Disasters, 2010, p. 30). The Federal Agency also partnered with scholars out of United States who study emergency situations including the U.S. Geological Survey and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in developing ways to deal with emergencies which the reforms improved on (EPA) (Sylves, 2015, p. 110). Also, the Post-Katrina Reform protects service animals as well as household pets, not to mention their owners. Hillary Styron, the Director of Emergency Preparedness Initiative National Organization on Disability, says that people with disabilities ought to inform the authorities who can then offer immediate assistance by providing transport to them as well as other medical needs (FEMA, 2012). (200 words). ReferencesFEMA. (n.d.). Older Americans [Video file]. Retrieved April 18, 2012, from the Talladega County Emergency Management Agency website: http://www.talladegaema.org/video/ Talladega County Emergency Management Agency – Office of Homeland Security. Haddow, G. D., Bullock, J. A., & Coppola, D. P. (2014). Introduction to emergency management (5th ed.). Waltham, MA: Butterworth-Heinemann. National Commission on Children and Disasters. (2010). 2010 report to the President and Congress (AHRQ Publication No. 10-M037). Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Sylves, R. (2015). Disaster policy and politics: Emergency management and homeland security (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: CQ Press. PKEMRA changed a lot for FEMA and how they could help special populations pre-and-post disaster. The changes allowed FEMA more freedom from the DHS and enabled them to work more freely with other organizations. Do you think if FEMA was still directly under the DHS, it would be able to collaborate with these different organizations as well to develop better reforms? I also covered the PETS act and thought it was a fantastic idea; however, I did not find much detail on the plans when searching online. Have you found any specifics on how it helps the pets and owners? (100 words) Respond to the TWO QUESTIONS in the bold paragraph ABOVE base on the section above it… in APA format with At least two reference…..
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.