Your post should be 500 words and have the following two parts:Summary of the InterviewInclude the following in your summary:
-Describe the position of the individual that you interviewed and how that relates to both long term care of the elderly and end of life issues.
-Identify how the caregiver takes into consideration his or her patients age, culture, family structure, et cetera, in working with patients during their later years and through the death and dying process.
-Identify the challenges and rewards in working with individuals in this stage of the lifespan. Include in your discussion the need for and ways of assessing for elder abuse and neglect.
-Summarize additional insights the caregiver was able to share and provide during the interview.
-Provide a write-up from the perspective of your area of specialization, if you were able to tailor your interview in that direction.Connection to Your ExperiencesUsing the information that you have gained from the brief interview and your own cultural background, complete the following:
-Describe how your family of origin views the process of caring for the elderly within your family and the process of death.
-Describe how you have seen your family grieve or mourn for an older relative who has died. If you have never experienced this, how do you think they would deal with the death of an older relative?
-Compare and contrast how your own culture copes with the process of caring for individuals within elderhood and death with how other cultures may cope. Use the readings from this unit and your independent research to support the comparison and contrast of the subject.
-Identify general themes that are present across many cultural approaches in dealing with long term care of the elderly, and also with death and dying, including grief and loss.
-Explain how this information will be useful to you in your work as a counselor.Support your work with at least two peer-reviewed articles.DEATH IN NURSING HOME – A FOUCAULT INSPIRED ANALYSIS OF THE DISCOURSES OF DEATH AND CARING FOR THE DYING IN DANISH NURSING HOMES IN THIS MILLENNIUM…. DEATH IN NURSING HOME- A FOUCAULT INSPIRED ANALYSIS OF THE DISCOURSES OF DEATH AND CARING FOR THE DYING IN DANISH NURSING HOMES IN THIS MILLENNIUM. (includes abstract); Nielsen KT; Glasdam S; Nordic Journal of Nursing Research & Clinical Studies / Vård i Norden, 2011 Spring; 31 (1): 39-44 (journal article – research, tables/charts)Narratives of Hospice Volunteers: Perspectives on Death and Dying. By: Wittenberg-Lyles, Elaine M.. Qualitative Research Reports in Communication, 2006, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p51-56.Hospice health care employees and volunteers have a unique ability to witness death firsthand while providing the necessary compassion and care for patients in the end of their life. These workers must learn how to communicate in situations of death and dying. Their willingness to enter this taboo …This solution discusses the topic of geriatric and palliative care giving in a hospice setting and describes the role of health workers in long term care of elderly. It also discusses perceptions of death in different cultures. References used are included in the response.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.