to answer these question you have to read or watch the play the question talk about, second you must use only one source which is the lyrics of the song in the plays that it. ITS NOT A RESEARCH PAPERTAKE-HOME FINAL EXAM – AMERICAN MUSICAL THEATER (FALL 2016)
All exams must be typed. Any exam that is not typed will be reduced by one full letter grade.
DUE DATE (IN ROOM 3054): Monday, December 19, between 5:15-6:15pm
If you wish, you may hand in your final exam earlier than its due date, at one of our remaining
regular classes on December 5, 7 or 12. No matter when you turn it in, it must be handed directly
to me, in hard copy. No emailed exams or exams placed in my mailbox will be accepted. And
your exam may not be handed in later than the official due date and time listed above.
IN ESSAY FORM, ANSWER TWO OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, ONE FROM
GROUP A & ONE FROM GROUP B. (YOU MAY NOT ANSWER TWO QUESTIONS
FROM THE SAME GROUP!)
EACH OF YOUR TWO ESSAYS SHOULD BE AT LEAST TWO PAGES IN LENGTH.
1. In Sunday in the Park with George, Georges sings to his mother, “You watch while I revise the
world.” In what ways is Sunday in the Park with George a show about revising the world/revising
one’s life? Be sure to use specific examples from songs to help illustrate your arguments.
2. At the beginning of Sunday in the Park with George, Dot is modeling for George. Tired, hot,
bored and feeling a bit ignored, she protests, “George, there is someone in this dress!” The
original script for Sunday in the Park with George included a scene in which Dot posed nude for
Georges. (In that version, the two Celestes begged Georges to let them pose for him, and he
finally agreed, but only if they posed nude. They were offended and left. Dot, having overheard
the conversation, reluctantly offered herself as a nude subject. The resulting painting became the
one that Dot came and asked for, later in Act I, before she left for America. The writers felt
strongly that the scene was an important one for the show, but it ended up being cut because
Bernadette Peters (the actress playing Dot) was uncomfortable performing it.) Using that
information as a jumping-off point…in what ways can Sunday in the Park with George be seen as
an examination of objectification, and of the capacity for art – intentionally and/or unintentionally
– to become an objectifying act?
1. It could be argued that both Spring Awakening and Passing Strange are about the spirit and
feeling of rock/pop music at least as much as they are about their own specific narratives. Discuss
the importance of rock/pop music to these two shows. Make sure to make direct reference to at
least two specific songs from each show.
2. In Passing Strange, Stew sings, Every day I build a mask. In what ways is Passing Strange a
show about building masks? Make sure to make direct reference to specific songs from the show.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.