Response postings should be between 50 and 100 wordsMitigation and Risk
Over the last several decade’s cities and states have made significant improvements in
taking mitigation steps. Two mitigating strategies that an emergency manager could use
are hazard identification and structural controls.
Noted in Haddow et al. (2014), the use of hazard identification was utilized when building a
multi-million dollar housing edition in California. Utilizing this strategy resulted in
preventing a devastating wildfire in the fall of 2007 because the builders used strict
guidelines. The makers used defensible spacing, fire-resistant vegetation, and the houses
were built with tile roofs and stucco walls. These mitigation actions had a positive impact
when the Witch Fire blew through their area (p. 76).
According to Haddow et al. (2014), another mitigation strategy to consider is structural
controls such as levees, seawalls, and jetties. These structures help safeguard coastal cities
and cities that reside alongside rivers by preventing constant flooding and erosion. While
these structural controls have benefits, they can also create a sense of false security as seen
in the city of New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina (p. 86). (177 words)
Haddow, G. D., Bullock, J. A., & Coppola, D. P. (2014). Introduction to emergency
management (5th ed.). Waltham, MA: Butterworth-Heinemann.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING WORD LIMIT REQUIREMENTS:
Response postings should be between 50 and 100 words.
(The List of References should not be included in the word count.)
If you exceed the word limit on an assignment or if you do not meet the lower limit, your
assignment will likely be returned to you for revision. There will be a 10\% loss of your score for
an assignment that had to be revised because the original version exceeded or failed to meet the
Respond by Day 5 Respond to the bold paragraph ABOVE by using one of the option below…
in APA format with At least one reference….. include intext citations, page numbers or
Ask a probing question.
Share an insight from having read your colleagues posting.
Offer and support an opinion.
Validate an idea with your own experience.
Make a suggestion.
Expand on your colleagues posting.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.