a) Explain how the literary genres of historical fiction, biography, and picture books can build students historical and geographical knowledge and understanding.
b) Explain the rationale behind teaching social studies through integrated thematic units.http://www.breitlinks.com/my_libmedia/childrens_genres.htmPicture books have had the ability to place historical events in concepts that kids can understand by providing a visual experience that the kids can relate to through pictures that illustrate the words being taught. With these books, content doesnt even have to possess text for the story to be fully explained as it can easily be illustrated with pictures. These books are published in small sizes that enable children to hold them in their small hands, which is why some use the term hand books to describe these books. The use of historical fiction for teaching history can assist students by conveying information about specific time periods or historical events in a factual paradigm. These books create drama and interest from students because they are predicated upon real events that actually occurred throughout history. Characters are real and can also be embellished with minor alterations to make the books more interesting as children are enamored by fantastical story telling that is able to peak their interests. This fiction is often presented from the view of the young children, which is able to elicit strong responses from the children. These books are often referred to as chapter books because of their ability to expand upon previous reading by following each chapter with another chapter that builds upon the previous chapter to lead to a final resolution of the story being toldThe use of biographies is a form of non-fiction predicated upon real-life events as told by authors who attempt to portray the factual events in their utmost accuracy. Children are intrigued about reading stories about other people, which opens a bridge of interest from children between storytelling and nonfiction because every person has a life story with some stories being more interesting than others. Notable people in notable fields are often the subject of biographies, which eases the transition into nonfiction for many children. These stories can be very motivating possessing the capability to elicit dreams from the children who read them who aspire to achieve the same feats that those who are highlighted in the biographies have. The different opportunities, choices, and challenges people face in life are used to elucidate how to achieve your dreams. The use of integrated curriculum for teachers in education is predicated upon the ability to crisscross subject-matter lines thus bringing together the various variables that create curriculum that is effective based upon meaningful association of a broad area of study. Learning and teaching is done in a holistic manner that is representative of the real world. Learning is done in a series of connections, which is the impetus for using integrated curriculum.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.