What impacts does an individual with ID has on family structure? What are the collaborative skills necessary for teachers to possess when interacting with families who have a child with ID?Intellectual disabilities are those that are characterized as present before age 18. People with challenges experience significant limitations in primarily two main areas: 1) intellectual functioning and 2) adaptive behavior. These limitations are expressed in the persons conceptual, social and practical applications in daily living. Some people with intellectual disabilities are mildly affected, making their limitations difficult to recognize without obvious cues. Intellectual disability is diagnosed through the use of standardized tests of intelligence and adaptive behavior. Individuals with intellectual disabilities who are provided appropriate personalized supports over a sustained period generally have improved life outcomes (AAIDD, 2011). In fact, many persons with ID can live independent, productive lives within the community with support from family, friends and agencies that work collaboratively and cohesively within an individualized framework.An estimated 4.6 million Americans have a diagnosed intellectual or developmental level of disability (Larson, 2000). Current studies may not be comprehensive enough to identify all persons with intellectual disabilities. In spite of many diagnostic advances, many school age children receive a diagnosis of learning disability, developmental delay, behavior disorder, or autism instead of intellectual disability. Intelligence refers to a listing of agreed necessary general mental capability. Intelligence involves the ability to reason, plan, solve problems, think abstractly, comprehend complex ideas, learn quickly, and learn from experience. Intelligence is represented by Intelligent Quotient (IQ) scores obtained from standardized tests given by trained professionals. Intellectual disability is generally diagnosed if an …How intellectual disabilities impact family structures are determined.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.