Researchers have not identified a primary cause of ADHD. They believe that it is probably related to a combination of biology, genetics, and the students environment (Powell & Driver, 2013, Section 5.4). While you may encounter very young children who exhibit behaviors similar to the characteristics of ADHD, it is unlikely that they will be specifically diagnosed with ADHD. However, when working with school-aged children, it is more likely that you will encounter students who have been diagnosed with ADHD because ADHD affects approximately 3-10\% of school-age students (Powell & Driver, 2013, Section 5.1). For this reason, it is important to understand this condition in order to have a plan of action should you or a parent suspect ADHD, and to know how to support those children who do. For this discussion post, you will create an information sheet that can be given to a new teacher explaining ADHD in the classroom. It can include pictures, but it must include information regarding:
All three types of ADHD
The possible causes (you must include information regarding each possible cause: biology, genetics and environment)
The importance of a medical diagnosis and why
Possible signs and symptoms
The IDEA category it fits under
How IEP or 504 plans can help a child with ADHD in the classroom
To show this, provide an example of a student diagnosed with ADHD along with the proposed solution. This can be an actual child you know (just be sure to exclude the childs real name) or it can be a hypothetical child.All three types of ADHD
The three combined types of ADHD include the following 3 examples:1. ADHD, Combined Type: Both inattention and hyperactivity-impulsivity symptoms are included, which will be discussed in further detail in the next two sentences.2. ADHD, Predominantly Inattentive Type: Inattention, symptoms entail the following: not paying attention to detail, making careless mistakes, failing to pay attention and keep on task, not listening, being unable to follow or understand instructions, avoiding tasks that involve effort, being distracted or forgetful, losing things that are needed to complete tasks. These symptoms help to identify students that are inattentive as a result of their ADHD.3. ADHD, Predominantly …The expert explains ADHD to a teach teacher. Why it is important to understand this condition is given.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.