ENGL 1100 Dr. Ladd Spring 2022 Rhetorical Analysis Instructions Due: Wednesday, Feb 9 at 11:59 pm (Pacific Time). See the Course Presentation for Format: PDF Submission: You will upload this assignment to a dropbox in the Week 5 tile on Moodle Weighting: 12% Length: 500 words. Do not go under by more than 50 words or over by 100 words. Put a word count at the end of your assignment. Example: Word Count: 493 Learning objective: This assignment is designed to develop your analytical skills and your ability to think critically about rhetoric. Also, this assignment will give you an opportunity to apply the principles of academic integrity by producing original work. Prompt: Your second assignment in ENGL 1100 is the Rhetorical Analysis, a short written assignment in which you apply what you have learned about rhetoric to a video. Watch’s Tom Tom Osborn’s TedTalk, “A New Way to Help Young People with their Mental Health” and write a 500-word rhetorical analysis of this piece, assessing its rhetorical situation and rhetorical appeals (i.e., ethos, logos, pathos, karios). You may use these two subheadings if you find them helpful. Your response should be composed in full sentences and well-developed paragraphs. Please read the relevant book chapter, Elizabeth Browning’s “Rhetorical Analysis, and watch all lectures before you attempt this assignment. Link to TedTalk: https://www.ted.com/talks/tom_osborn_a_new_way_to_help_young_people_with_their_mental_ health Citation for your Works Cited: Osborn, Tom. “A New Way to Help Young People with their Mental Health” TED. July 2021. https://www.ted.com/talks/tom_osborn_a_new_way_to_help_young_people_with_their_ mental_health Your work will be evaluated on three elements: 40% your writing: Did you write in clear, grammatically correct sentences and construct effective paragraphs? You may want to review the “Paragraph Development” lecture and the lecture on punctuation. 40% your analysis: Did you successful compose an accurate, rigorous, and original rhetorical analysis informed by the course materials? 20% your mechanics: Did you follow the formatting instructions and proofread your work? NOTE: Receiving a grade for this assignment is dependent on you adhering to the principles and practices of academic integrity. Watch the TedTalk carefully and do your own thinking. If you do not produce original work, you will receive 0 for this assignment and the Dean’s Office will be contacted. Please review the available materials on academic integrity before you submit your assignment. Formatting Guidelines • Your paragraph should be double-spaced and in 12-point Times New Roman font. • Please include a Works Cited after your rhetorical analysis. You should not be consulting or citing sources other than the TedTalk. This is NOT a research assignment. Your rhetorical analysis should consist of your own intellectual work. • No title page, please. Instead, please put the following information in the top left-hand corner: your name, course code (ENGL 1100 A48), instructor’s name (Dr. Ladd), date submitted. • Number your pages in the top right-hand corner. • Put a word count at the end of your assignment. Your Works Cited is not included in this Word Count. Example: Word Count: 493
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.