Answer the following questions :
James Stilton is the chief executive of cer (CEO) of RightLiving, Inc., a company that buys life insurance
policies at a discount from terminally ill persons and sells the policies to investors. RightLiving pays the
terminally ill patients a percentage of the future death bene t (usually 65 percent) and then sells the
policies to investors for 85 percent of the value of the future bene t. The patients receive the cash to use
for medical and other expenses, the investors are “guaranteed” a positive return on their investment,
and RightLiving pro ts on the difference between the purchase and sale prices. Stilton is aware that
some sick patients might obtain insurance policies through fraud (by not revealing the illness on the
insurance application). Insurance companies that discover this will cancel the policy and refuse to
pay. Stilton believes that most of the policies he has purchased are legitimate, but he knows that some
probably are not. Using the information presented in this chapter, answer the following questions.
Would a person who adheres to the principle of rights consider it ethical for Stilton not to disclose the
potential risk of cancellation to investors? Why or why not?
Using Immanuel Kant’s categorical imperative, are the actions of RightLiving, Inc. ethical? Why or
Under utilitarianism, are Stilton’s actions ethical? Why or why not? What difference does it make if
most of the policies are legitimate and will be paid rather than being fraudulently procured and void?
Using the Business Process PragmatismTM steps discussed in this chapter, discuss the decision process
Stilton should use in deciding whether to disclose the risk of fraudulent policies to potential investors.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.