Summarize behaviorism and how it has affected the understanding of learning. Be sure to include the following information: please be specific and include any references please. – A brief history of its founding
– The main components of the theory
– A brief description of at least 3 behaviorist experiments
– How behaviorism develops new behaviorsTwo key originators of behaviorism as well as behaviorist approaches to learning are John B. Watson and B.F. Skinner; however, they were influenced by a Russian physiologist named Ivan Pavlov. Behaviorism at that time focused on observable behavior and was primarily concerned with both the observable and measureable aspects of a persons behavior. It also stressed that behavior is directed by stimuli, and that a person selects one response over another because they have been previously conditioned. One main component is that behavior is learned; therefore, behaviors can be unlearned and replaced by new behaviors that are more acceptable. This can be done by using the reward response technique, which is done by rewarding the acceptable behavior (1). Behaviorists who conducted research experiments are: Ivan Pavlov, John B. Watson, B.F. Skinner, and Albert Bandura. Ivan Pavolv: The principle of Pavlovs experiment was to determine how unconditioned stimulus (food) would trigger an unconditioned response (salivation). He theorized that dogs do not learn to salivate when they see food, it is a reflex that is hard wired (2) into the dog. The intent was to measure the amount of salivation the dog experienced when seeing food; however, he discovered that the dogs had learn to associate his lab assistant with food. The dogs began to salivate when the lab assistant entered. In the beginning, the lab assistant was considered the neutral stimulus because it did not produce a …Discusses behaviorism, behaviorist experiments, and the main components of behaviorist theories, includes references.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.