Why are different assessment tools essential to adolescent learners? And what are the benefits of differentiated assessment strategies?Adolescence is a very difficult time in a persons life because they are stuck in the middle of transitioning from childhood to adulthood. Because of this, students have a more difficult time focusing on assignments and classroom instruction and are easily distracted. An understanding and experienced teacher can recognize this difficult transition and develop assessment tools to better suit learners of this age. The first strategy that a teacher can implement is to show students a practical use for what they are learning. By teaching a lesson and then showing them the practical application for it, a teacher can empower his or her students to use their new skills in the real world. This, in turn, will want them to learn more. For example, a teacher can provide a science lesson about nature followed by a walk through the woods to discover what was learned in the lesson. This can even be accompanied by a picnic or a fun activity to encourage further learning. Teaching through the Socrates method is another assessment tool to assist in the teaching of adolescence. This method discusses a topic and then asks questions to further clarify the answers. This method is interactive and engaging, and keeps students attention during the discussion. It also helps students to process new material into memory more effectively. Differential learning strategy benefits are very positive in the educational setting because they help educators to better tailor educational materials to fit the individual learners needs. Since no two students learn at the same pace or in the same way, these strategies give all students the opportunity to learn and retain the material to the best of their ability. Differential learning strategies provide students with a variety of different ways to learn to help them accelerate through their education. I hope this all helps! Effective teaching of adolescent learners. (2012). EHow. Found June 4, 2012: Effective Teaching of the Adolescent Learner | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/way_5796997_effective-teaching-adolescent-learner.html#ixzz1wxRxXK6s
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.