Problem 4-18: Applying Overhead in a Service Company
Heritage Gardens provides complete garden design and landscaping services. The company uses a job-order costing system to track the costs of its landscaping projects. The table below provides data concerning the three landscaping projects that were in progress during May. There was no work in progress at the beginning of May.
Designer hours 200
Direct materials $4,800
Direct labor $2,400Chandler:
Designer hours 80
Direct materials $1,800
Direct labor $1,000Nguyen:
Designer hours 120
Direct materials $3,600
Direct labor $1,500
Actual overhead costs were $16,000 for May. Overhead costs are applied to projects on the basis of designer-hours because most of the overhead is related to the costs of the garden design studio. The predetermined overhead rate is $45 per designer-hour. The Williams and Chandler projects were completed in May; The Nguyen project was not completed by the end of the month. No other jobs were in process during May.Required:
Compute the amount of overhead cost that would have been applied to each project during May.
Determine the cost of goods manufactured for May.
What is the accumulated cost of the work in process at the end of the Month?
Determine the underapplied or overapplied overhead for May.The problem set deals with the computation of overheads.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.